Hair Tutorials

30 October 2015

My favorite wall in our home!

Last year, I made this DIY kids art gallery wall and I have cherished it every day.  My Kenzi absolutely loves art and she feels such pride when she sees her art displayed.  This give us something positive to focus on as we walk through the hallway towards her bedroom.  

Here are some quick easy steps to make your own!

Here is what you need:
- as many frames as you'd like
- a roll of Velcro that is sticky (I think they call it Velcro tape).
- clothes pins
- spray paint 
- nails
- hammer 
- time!



1. Go to goodwill and find various frames!  (Or your basement storage if you're like me.)

2. Remove everything except for the frame itself.  

3. Spray paint the frames in the color of your choice. (They have sparkle spray paint at Lowes now too!)



4. Get out your clothes pins and your Velcro!  The picture speaks 1000 words.  I chose to attach the art this way because I like the natural look and I like that it's easy to remove the clothes pin to replace the art. 


5. Hang your frames however you'd like!  I like to lay them all out on the living room floor first to see what configuration I like the best.  The key is to not over-think it and just start putting some nails in the wall.  No measuring.  Just eye ball it.  This would drive my husband mad! Ready, set, go!  

6.  Let your child pick their favorite art to display! 

7. Let friends and family initiate conversations with your youngster over their masterpieces.  



8. Let your heart overflow as your watch your child's face fill with pride.







No comments:

Post a Comment