Hair Tutorials

08 April 2016

Tile, oh Tile.


I am no designer.  But I know that I like designs that are simple and timeless!  That being said, even though subway tile is super trendy right now it has also been around from the beginning of tile.  We built our Drees home about 4 years ago and at the time we were pregnant and we had both started new jobs so tile choices were not our top priority.  Since then, we have had multiple problems with our tile so our builder finally decided to pull the tile up to investigate and find out what the underlying issue is.  The tile may not have been installed correctly and the grout job was poor (it has been re-grouted a few times and it continues to crumble).

Here is an example.  Yikes!





That being said, now I get to pick new tile!  Drees spent so long trying to bandage the problem that our tile is now discontinued.  My husband is not excited about the process nor has he been thrilled about 3 years of issues that have been bandaged.  But it seems that it will have been worth it!  Enough about the problems with Drees.  Let's talk about the fun part.

Here is our bathroom now.


Emser 11-Pack 13-in x 13-in Padua Tuscany Ceramic Floor Tile



Emser 11-Pack 13-in x 13-in Padua Tuscany Ceramic Floor Tile


And here is the tile I'm considering using for the master bath around the tub and the shower walls.  Daltile, Rittenhouse Square White 3 x 6 Modular Wall Tile in semi-gloss.  I also like how it is arranged in the photo below. I also love the dark grout.  Not only is dark grout oh so practical, but I do love the way it looks.  And did you know that they make sparkly grout.  SPARKLE GROUT!  Awesome.  Now is it sanded or not sanded and will it hold up?  No idea.


Daltile, Rittenhouse Square White 3 x 6 Modular Wall Tile in semi-gloss



Here is a photo by the Marazzi tile folks.  This rendered photo does look different than the tile in person.  It's called Preservation porcelain tile in Petrified Grey.


The 3 color options for the Preservation wood tile by Marazzi.


Here is an example of the wood tile installed.  After having so many issues with our Armstrong wood floors and the finish coming off, I love the idea of a wood tile for bathrooms and laundry. 


I'd like to use the Marazzi Petrified Grey Preservation tile on the floors using the 9x36 files.  I feel like it'll give tie in the gold granite, dark cabinets and white subway tile well.  I'll probably paint the walls white too.  If I could re-do everything, countertop and cabinets included, I would put in white/gray countertops, white cabinets and use hexagon tiles for the floor.  Swoon. 


Here is the gold, sparkly grout I'm going to use in the master (not using the hexagons).



To be continued...





No comments:

Post a Comment