Hair Tutorials

11 March 2016

Chick fil A Superfood Side Salad - LOVE!







Ok, so I discovered the superfood side salad at Chick fil A recently and I LOVE it!  I was having this salad at lunch with a client and she was all "Oh, I made it at home, no big deal, so easy".  So I figured I could try it too!  And it was so good!

Here are the ingredients on the Chick fil A website:


Superfood Side    


Ok, Easy enough.  I did not consult the google, but I'm pretty sure that they do not sell maple vinaigrette to the public.  Ok, I just googled and it looks like you're supposed to make your own dressing.  What.  Anyways, I bought regular balsamic vinaigrette and added some "maple" syrup (some weird stuff from whole foods that my 3 year old uses for her pancakes).  Done.  No homemade dressing necessary.

So here is my 3 minute recipe!!

INGREDIENTS:

-Broccolini (so cute, I didn't know it existed either, it's located somewhere near the broccoli... or lettuce depending on your store)
-Kale (I bought purple kale because why not)
-Nuts: Almonds, Walnuts and Pecans
-Dried Cranberries or Cherries if you can find them
-Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
-Maple Syrup
-Fork

INSTRUCTIONS:
(I know, you can totally figure this out... but just in case)

-tear apart some kale and throw it in a bowl
-cut up some broccolini and throw it in said bowl
-add some dried cranberries
-add whatever nut mixture you want (I used Pecans and Walnuts)
-stir in whatever amount of balsamic vinaigrette you want (my husband dies a little inside when I don't measure)
-add a dash of maple syrup (or don't - it was still good without it

WHA LA! Or voilà as the French would say.  So good!!!  EXCEPT, it gets in your teeth - BAD.  So remember to check your teeth before you start confidently chatting it up with your neighbors.





I used Marzetti Simply Dressed Balsamic Vinaigrette and Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Pancake Syrup - probably no maple in it but whatever.













No comments:

Post a Comment