Hair Tutorials

19 July 2016

White is the new greige? I don't know

So I am not very good at design but I do LOOOVVE when I see design that is refreshing.  (I still need to read "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" but anyways).  That being said, I'm loving how in-style white walls are!  Maybe it's because I grew up with white walls or the fact that it is so airy and relaxing.  So when I went on a hunt for white walls, I figured I couldn't go wrong with Restoration Hardware paint, right?  I have gone horribly wrong in the past with grey.  Oh, brother.  

So here are the whites I chose from.
From top to bottom:
-Cloud White
-The Right White
-Buttermilk
-Sand Dollar

With overhead light...


With natural light...




I ended up choosing the bottom color, Sand Dollar by Restoration Hardware.  The paint wasn't cheap but I figured I'd be starring at it every day.  

And, here is the finished product!  Ultimately, I'm pretty happy with it.  It gives a nice grey undertone in the shadows.  My husband was used to our pretty rich colors so he feels like it's a little sterile but he has grown to love it.  







Ok, so I just bought "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" so I can listen in the car.  I'll keep you posted on what I think and what progress I make!

Also, they did end up re-grouting Kenzie's bathroom because the beige grout failed.  Here you can see the difference between light grout and dark grout with white hexagon tile.  







  

No comments:

Post a Comment