Hair Tutorials

22 June 2016

Kenzie's bathroom paint - UPDATE: Sparkles

With all of the construction in our bathrooms, painters had to come to do touch up.  Of course, I asked, hey man, how much cash can I pay you to go ahead and just paint the entire bathroom?  Ok, sweet!  
We had flat paint in Kenzie's bathroom prior to the construction and there were greasy little handprints/faceprints/buttprints all over the walls.

I wanted something fun for her bathroom and I seem to be obsessed with sparkles lately.  Anyways, on one of our many trips to target, I happened to walk through the paint aisle and I impulsively bought the devine color, white paint as well as the devine color, gold dust sparkles to add to said paint.  Who knew target had a paint aisle!?  

I'm all LA DE DA about painting and Grant is all I GET IT DONE NOW AND I GET IT DONE RIGHT.  You know the guy I'm talking about, the kind of guy who designs airplane engines (thank God for people like him, I know)... the plan has to be well thought out so that it can be perfectly executed on time with zero flaws or interruptions.  I'm all, it'll take me weeks beyond my initial forecasted completion date and several trips to the hardware store... plus some wine.  Oh, and I might start 5 other projects prior to completion as well... but don't worry.  So probably kind of expensive and also very costly on our marriage.  Hence the "we only hire out and I only hire out to guys I can ask on the spot for cash price now, man".  That way I can keep Grant on his toes with my spontaneity and then totally nod my head and sympathize with Grant when Mr. Painter doesn't meet Grant's standards even though I typically over-thank service folks because I truly appreciate their hard work even if the outcome is subpar because Lord knows my outcomes come with a lot of "oh well, that's no big deal, it brings character" types of mistakes.  

So anyways, here is what the gold sparkle dust plus white paint looks like in real life!  Yesss!!!  Kenzie and I find ourselves with our nose to the wall, moving our heads side to side in awe of the beautiful shimmers.  I'm not entirely sure how long this fascination will last but I imagine it will bring us a lot of future joy.  

RECOMMENDATION:  YES.  Buy it, do it, use it!  































































Here is a Youtube video of the wall so you can truly appreciate the glimmer since my iPhone couldn't completely capture it with a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment